Applications are now open for the
17th “Seghizzi” International Choral and Solo Voice Composition Contest.
Closing date for applications: 21st June 2019
For further information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us at 0039 0481 530404
ASSOCIAZIONE “SEGHIZZI” , Casella Postale 7, Corso Verdi 85, 34170 Gorizia (ITALY)
ANNOUNCEMENT AND REGULATIONS
- “Seghizzi” Choral Association of Gorizia announces the 17th “Seghizzi” International Choral and Solo Voice Composition Contest.
- The competition is open to musicians from any nation and citizenship and there are no age requirements.
- The competition is divided into two categories:
choral compositions either a cappella or with piano accompaniment (for mixed, male, female or children’s voices); a text in Latin language shall be used; maximum duration: about four minutes. The shortlisted compositions are intended for choirs participating in the 59th Seghizzi International Choral Singing Competition 2020.
Only texts by the following Latin Authors will be accepted: Ovidio (Publius Ovidius Naso), Orazio (Quintus Horatius Flaccus), Virgilio (Publius Vergilius Maro), Catullo (Gaius Valerius Catullus), Marziale (Marcus Valerius Martialis), Lucrezio (Titus Lucretius Carus).
compositions for solo voice and piano accompaniment (with just one pianist performing); a text in Italian language shall be used; maximum duration: about four minutes. The shortlisted compositions are intended for soloists participating in the 18th “Seghizzi” International Chamber Music Competition for Solo Voice and Piano 2020.
Only poetry texts written in Italian by the following Authors will be accepted: Lorenzo de’ Medici, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Matteo Maria Boiardo, Angelo Poliziano, Jacopo Sannazaro, Ludovico Aristo, Torquato Tasso, Vittoria Colonna, Erasmo da Valvasone, Battista Guarini, Ottavio Rinuccini.
- Only unpublished works, never awarded in previous composition contests, shall be accepted. Please email the compositions to Segreteria del concorso internazionale di composizione “Seghizzi” at email@example.com by midnight of 21st June 2019.
There is an entry fee of Euro 10,00 for each submitted composition. The payment has to be made in advance on the current account n. 100000002714 ABI 03069 CAB 12499 CIN N of Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. Corso Verdi 104, 34170 Gorizia – bank account holder’s name: Associazione Corale Goriziana “C.A. Seghizzi”. For payments from abroad the IBAN number is IT59N0306912499100000002714 and the BIC/SWIFT code is BCITITMM.
- Please write on the top of the first score sheet a) a title b) the name of the author of the poetry text c) a seven-digit code (numerical and/or alphabetical) instead of the composer’s name.
- Applicants should also e-mail their personal information (name, surname, place and date of birth) and the following contact details: permanent address, phone and/or mobile phone number. It is understood that these data are to be used exclusively by the Competition Office, are strictly confidential and are kept secret especially from the jury members. In this regard, applicants have to send the required materials and information from their e-mail address, which will be the primary communication tool to get in contact with the Competition Office.
- Composers can e-mail more scores at the same time (also for both contest categories), but it is necessary to identify them with different titles and numerical /alphabetical codes.
- The evaluation process is carried out in three steps.
The international jury of the composition contest will evaluate the submitted works by 21st July 2019 and select a maximum of five scores for each competition category, taking into account their aesthetic qualities and performability; all styles are admitted.
The scores shortlisted in Category A will be included in the regulations of the 59th Seghizzi International Choral Singing Competition 2020 as compulsory pieces for the “contemporary music” Category, while the scores shortlisted in Category B will be included in the regulations of the International Chamber Music Competition for Solo Voice and Piano 2020 as compulsory pieces for the “contemporary music” Category. All the shortlisted works will be published in PDF format on Seghizzi’s Home Page.
The international jury of the 59th International Choral Singing Competition will award the TROPHY OF CHORAL COMPOSITION “SEGHIZZI” to the Author of one of the compositions shortlisted and actually performed during the choral competition, in direct relation to the best performances made by the competing choirs.
The international jury of the International Chamber Music Competition for Solo Voice and Piano 2020 will award the TROPHY OF SOLO VOICE COMPOSITION “SEGHIZZI” to the Author of one of the compositions shortlisted and actually performed during the solo voice competition, in direct relation to the best performances made by the competing soloists.
- The Authors of the winning compositions in category A and B
a. will receive the TROPHY OF COMPOSITION “SEGHIZZI” 2020 (choral and solo voice respectively)
b. will be invited as jury members in the next choral or solo voice competitions
- The Authors of the compositions shortlisted for the choral and solo voice competitions will receive the title of “Finalist of the Seghizzi Composition Contest 2020”.
- Participation in the competition implies full knowledge and acceptance of these regulations.
- For any litigation the place of jurisdiction is Gorizia and the document to take into account is the Italian version of these regulations.
Corso Verdi 85 – Casella postale 7
34170 Gorizia (Italia)
Tel. 0039 0481 530404
Home page www.seghizzi.it